This week we share news about the final release of Netgen’s Tags Bundle 3.0, the extension of the nomination period for the renewal of the Community Board and updates in social media and events.
Netgen Tags Bundle 3.0 released
Netgen started a Crowdfunding campaign back in October 2016 to bring Netgen’s Tags Bundle to the next level and provide full eZ Platform UI support. This week Tags Bundle 3.0 was announced, bringing us to the final release—it is available on GitHub: https://github.com/netgen/TagsBundle/releases/tag/3.0.0
Plagiarism scanner integrated into an editorial approval workflow
PlagScan is a web service that verifies the authenticity of documents. It accesses billions of documents to compare content, and quickly gives a score ranging from 0% (no plagiarism detected) to 100% (full copy and paste of text).
Using the PlagScan API, Mugo integrated PlagScan seamlessly into the eZ Publish back-end. Read the full article written by Thiago Campos Viana on Mugo’s website.
We have 4 security advisories this week that require your attention. Make sure you have an account on share.ez.no to view the full details of each advisory.
- EZSA-2017-001: SQL injection in legacy ezsearchengine (update)
- EZSA-2017-002: Image upload and package creation vulnerabilities
- EZSA-2017-003: XSS vulnerability in eZJSCore due to CVE-2013-6780
- EZSA-2017-004: Embedded files downloadable though they are in trash
eZ Community Board nomination period extended
As the one year term for the current eZ Community Board comes to an end, it’s once again time to start the nomination process. The nomination period has been extended and is open until March 15. Please check the full announcement where you can also leave a comment.
In other news:
- Admin interface (r)evolution
- Attribute management in eZ Publish with eep, and robust dev practices
- A week of symfony #531 (27 February - 5 March 2017)
- Symfony Community Survey 2017
- SymfonyLive Paris 2017, Paris, France, March 30-31, 2017
- PHPKonf, Istanbul PHP Conference 2017, May 20, 2017
- php[tek] 2017, Atlanta, GA, USA, May 24-26, 2017
- PHPSerbia Conference 2017, May 27-28, 2017
- International PHP Conference, Berlin, Germany, May 29-June 2, 2017
- eZ Conference 2017, London, UK, June 6-8, 2017
- Web Summer Camp 2017, Rovinj, Croatia, August 30-September 02, 2017
- SymfonyLive, San Francisco, CA, October 19-20, 2017
Make sure to check out this list of events which also includes our webinars.