This week we share news about Admin UI Internationalization progress by engineering, threaded messaging on Slack, the complete naming history of eZ Systems releases and more news, social media and events.
Progress on Admin UI Internationalization
David Liedle, Technical Product Manager at eZ, made an important announcement on Slack this week: “Who is interested in translating the Admin UI text into your native language? Join us in #i18n (Slack) to learn how to contribute! It’s fast and easy thanks to our Engineers and Crowdin.com.”
Bertrand Dunogier, lead engineer and developer advocate at eZ, also shared information on this topic. Bertrand refers to the story on Jira, about Crowdin's in-context translation integration. The documentation for this in-context translation is in review.
Threaded messaging comes to Slack
"When you’re working with your team in Slack, discussions can move quickly and cover a lot of ground. Now with Threads, a new way to connect related messages, it’s easier to follow and manage the variety of conversations happening in Slack."
This new feature is very useful, also in our Slack channels, where our members ask questions, discuss ideas and more. Read the full blog, as it also covers how to manage your threads and when to use them.
In other news:
- Netgen’s React Native demo application atop of eZ Publish REST API
- The case for why eZ should adopt Ember.js for the new administration interface
- Be a force for good in your community
- A week of symfony #524 (9-15 January 2017)
A rose by any other name
Gaetano Giunta, CTO Kaliop UK, has written an excellent overview of all releases by eZ Systems with their corresponding names, from 1999 to present. If you were ever confused on any of those names, be sure to read this article.
“eZ Systems, the company behind the eZ Publish CMS, recently announced a name change in their product portfolio, with “eZ Platform Enterprise Edition” taking the place of “eZ Enterprise”. The change was driven, according to director of marketing David Kross, by a desire for simplification.”
eZ Publish content attribute transformation made easy with eep
Benjamin Kroll, developer and project manager at Mugo Web, has written another article this week about eZ Publish content attribute transformation, and how “eep simplifies the process with its flexible built-in attribute module options”. eep is a command-line tool for eZ Publish, named "Ease eZ Publish".
Edi Modric on Slack: Dear eZ Community: TagsBundle admin UI is ready for testing with `composer require netgen/tagsbundle:dev-adminui`. Feedback is welcome. Content field edit interface is still missing, but tag management UI and field definition edit interface is available.
- January NYSymfony Meetup, January 26, 2017
- SymfonyLive Paris 2017, Paris, France from March 30, 2017 to March 31, 2017
- PHPKonf: Istanbul PHP Conference 2017, May 20, 2017
- PHPSerbia Conference 2017, May 27-28, 2017
- International PHP Conference, May 29 - June 2 2017, Berlin Germany
- eZ Conference 2017, June 6-8 2017, London UK
- Web Summer Camp 2017, Rovinj, Croatia from August 30, 2017 to September 02, 2017
- SymfonyLive San Francisco 2017 October 19th-20th
Make sure to check this list of events which also includes our webinars.