The Brand, Business and IT department were looking for a more flexible and scalable solution
regarding the “Sandwatch Project”, that is, the migration of many Whirlpool, Bauknecht and KitchenAid Institutional websites from a technical provider to a new one. The aim was to improve performance and the central - local content management on the different websites.
Context of project:
Whirlpool EMEA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation had annual sales in 2011 of $18.7 billion, 68,000 employees, and 65 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every
country around the world.
Project start: May 2012
First 15 websites live: December 2012
Additional 9 KitchenAid websites: 4 months
Additional 10 websites live: 4 months
Content Management: on-going
Team: 4 Developers, 2 Digital Content Managers, 1 Project
• Timing: the first Whirlpool and Bauknecht 15 institutional websites in 12 different countries were migrated in 6 months; a further 9 KitchenAid institutional websites were developed from scratch in 3 months; another 10 Whirlpool and Bauknecht websites were migrated in 4 months.
• System Integration: S’nce Group developed a custom import able to reuse the internal Whirlpool products format (a series of custom XMLs). A direct integration
with the Whirlpool Digital Asset Management systems has been created as well.
• Content Management: S’nce Group was responsible for the overall central and local content management of the websites. A ticketing tool has been integrated in the project in order to manage content change requests by 21 different countries. Requests are managed and fixed in an average time of 4 hours.
Challenges achieved - continued:
• Housing: The environment is hosted on a high availability data center. S’nce garanties a 99,8% of uptime.
• Monitoring: All the websites are monitored 24x7 by using an internal monitoring tool as well as external monitoring tools like Pingdom and New Relic.
• User Experience: the migration considered the current structure and layout of Whirlpool and Bauknecht Websites, provided years ago by third parties. After in-depth analysis, S’nce Group is now responsible for the definition of the new User Experience, based on responsive design and aimed at empowering online business.
eZ Publish CMS was used for:
• multi-site management solution;
• powerful system integration;
• multi-language site management
• full eZ Find search on all the products
Andrea Martignoni, Digital Platform Manager, Whirlpool EMEA
«We were looking for a dynamic and smart partner to drive a key digital project for Whirlpool within the boundaries of our complex internal operations and S’nce Group perfectly managed the challenge of the project. They provided an outstanding performing technical solution, able to perfectly fit Whirlpool Platform requirements, and also defined efficient content workflows among digital stakeholders showing a great understanding of the project business needs.»
Our partner S’nce:
S’nce group was created to propose companies and institutions the essence of communication itself, conceived as concreteness, measurability and efficiency in achieving the business objective.